Let’s face it – making chicken is not always a smooth, clean task. But with these boneless thighs – known as pargiot in Israel – preparing a delicious chicken dinner is a snap. And because the darker pieces tend to be higher in fat, grilling is the way to go. You get all the flavor and juiciness, none of the heaviness.
This is my new go-to recipe – it literally takes 10 minutes start to finish.
PrintPrep10 minutes Cook Time5 minutes Yield4
- 1 package boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 6-8 pearl onions
- Grilling spice of your choice
- Preheat countertop or backyard grill (I used a countertop George Foreman and it worked great). Sprinkle chicken chunks generously with grilling spice on both sides.
- Drop pearl onions into hot water and allow to sit for a few minutes to soften the skin. Slice off top and bottom, and remove skins. Slice thinly.
- Place chicken chunks and onion slices onto grill, and allow to cook for approximately 5 minutes. If you have a small counter top grill, you will need to run about 3 batches.
- Slice in half at the thickest part to check for doneness.
- Serve with a tossed salad, or go Mediterranean with some toasted pita and hummus.