These delicious pears are a great way to jazz up your holiday meal. Or any meal. They are as fun to look at as they are tasty. Oh, and they are great with ice cream over them.
Caramelized Baked Pears Recipe
PrintPrep15 minutes Cook Time30 minutes Yield4 people
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large pears
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- While the butter is microwaving, cut the pears in half, lengthwise. Remove any seeds and trim the bottom.
- Laying each half down flat, using chopsticks or something similar, lay them on each side of the pear half. Cut the pear into slices, not cutting all the way down.
- Brush each pear half with melted butter. Just lightly coat them.
- Add remaining butter, brown sugar and vanilla to a small bowl and mix together.
- Spread the sugar mixture over the bottom of a small baking dish.
- Place the pears in the baking dish, sliced side down.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and coat the pears.
- Cover and bake at 350° F for about 30 minutes, until the pears are tender.