This side dish is perfect for spring. The orange juice keeps it light and bright and goes so well with sweet spring carrots. This recipe is ready for your next BBQ.
If you buy your carrots with the greens still on them, don’t toss those out. You can mince some of them and serve these carrots with some of them sprinkled on top. You can also add them to a salad. My favorite way is to make a carrot green pesto! It is divine!
Orange glazed carrots
PrintCook Time20 minutes Yield3
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- Peel and trim carrots. Then cut carrots into 1-inch pieces.
- Melt butter over a medium-high heat in a sauce pan.
- Add carrots, salt, sugar, orange juice and just enough water to cover carrots.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to keep at a steady simmer. Cook until carrots are tender.
- Add cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water to a small bowl, and whisk. Then add to carrot mixture, cooking another 2 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Serve with freshly cracked pepper.